Radio Frequency Engineering Services
Paluck RF Engineers deliver highly reliable services to our clients. Our RF Engineers are highly adept at handling the latest RF investigation tools like TEMS Drive Test Kits.
Paluck provides the following Radio Frequency Engineering services for all wireless Networks (GSM, CDMA & LTE):
- RF Planning, Transmission Planning and Network Design
- MW LOS Survey and Link Engineering, Network Audit
- Drive Test & Network Optimization
- RF Optimization and KPI Analysis Spectrum Analysis
RF Planning, Transmission Planning and Network Design
Paluck’s RF Engineering Resources are well trained to use state-of-the-art industry standard tools for design, planning and testing the networks to ensure that the network design meets the network performance objectives of the customer.
Some of the Network Planning Tools that our engineers are trained to used in RF Planning and Network Design:
- Aircom's Asset Planning Tool
- Forsk Atoll Planning Tool
- Pathloss 4.0
- Aircoms’ Connect Link Planner
RF MW LOS Survey and Network Audit
Paluck’s teams of experienced RF Engineers deliver highly reliable services for optimal functioning of projects and services.
The ultimate goal of a RF site survey is to acquire ample information to determine the number and placement of access points that allows optimal coverage throughout the facility.
RF site survey is carried out in the following steps:
- Collect list of Nominals to be surveyed, from the customer. In case of new town surveys where Nominals are not provided, Aster will survey the town and provide a nominal for suitable site location
- Use the survey report template forwarded by the customer
- Identify physical location of the proposed nominal and locate 3 candidates (maximum) for each nominal, as per search ring size suggested by the customer
- Survey the site for RF suitability
- Record Latitude and Longitude, building height etc. of the proposed candidates
- Estimate and provide required GSM Antenna heights and orientation, proposed tower / pole location (s) will also be marked on a rough sketch of the building (rooftop) or ground site (for each candidate)
- Take site photographs (360 degrees panoramic view and building / site elevation) for each candidate as given in the survey template by you
- Record physical addresses of the candidates and site owner / manager contact details (where available)
- Complete the Site Survey Candidate evaluation report
Line Of Site (LOS) Survey
The ultimate goal of LOS survey is to have MW connectivity between the two sites to ascertain the Line of Site clearance. The LOS survey is carried out physically checking the terrain between the hop and selecting the sites for acquisition. The survey is highly critical because any failure in LOS can lead to a delay in project and a subsequent loss on account.
LOS survey is carried out in the following steps:
- Collect Nominals of proposed site and those of the nearest locations to which customer proposes the LOS connectivity & Verification
- Record latitude, longitude, building data, obstruction data and surrounding terrain data on the LOS Survey template
- Generate LOS Path Profile for the proposed Link using Pathloss 4.0
- Generate LOS report for the proposed Link using Pathloss 4.0.Conduct physical survey of the hop to identify any field obstructions and verify the LOS path profile
Networks require consistent maintenance and vigilance to ensure reliable service delivery and adherence to end user Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Network Audit services objectives
- Network characterization and assessment
- Comparison of measured data with data on similar systems
- Recommendation of possible course of action and Network modifications
- Compilation of Network data for Network expansion, operations and maintenance
Network Audit services offer (Depending on the type of Network)
• Terminal Equipment Interface Analysis
• Voice Quality Measurement
• Network Configuration Comparison
• Trouble Ticket Analysis
Professionals audit, experiment and test the Networks in an effervescent environment, construct empirical Network models from the collected statistical data, locate root causes and recommend possible course of action and Network modification if required.
A detailed report of the findings of the audits and analysis of the data is compiled and presented to customer's engineering team for initiating necessary corrective actions and proactive measures for future expansions.
Our Network Audit services Action Steps
- Collect the data of the existing network from the customer
- Verify the data obtained with the site data on field
- Note the deviations if any and inform the customer through audit report
- Recommendation of possible course of action and Network modifications, if any for optimum performance of the network
- Compilation and update of Network data for Network expansion, operation and maintenance
Drive Test and Network Optimization
Drive Test is conducted for checking coverage criteria of a cell site with RF drive test tool. The data collected by drive test tool as Log files is analyzed to evaluate various RF parameters of the network.
- Drive Route and Site Data for the sites to be driven is taken from customer
- Drive Test LOG File of the specified Drive Route / Site is saved and the same will be handed over to customer at the end of the day
- DT Resource identify routine field optimization issues like cable swapping, missing neighbors etc., and rectify the same with the help of the customer
Network Optimization Tools Used are as the following:
- TEMS Investigation
- Agilent E6474A
- CDMA Air Interface Tester (CAIT)
- TEMS DeskCat
- Actix Analyzer
RF Optimization and KPI analysis
Paluck offers RF Optimization Services for existing/new GSM, CDMA & LTE network operators. This service is performed as a continuous RF engineering activity for preventive maintenance. It ensures optimum network performance to meet the Quality of Service (QoS) targets of the customer.
Quality of Service (QOS) targets as per the Operators’ specifications:
- Coverage of Service Area: Urban, Suburban, Roads or the Rural areas
- Call Success Rate
- Minimizing Handover failures
- Rx quality
- Improve Speech Quality Index for higher Network quality
- Satisfied customers resulting in low churn
- Efficient network utilization
- Reduced investment costs and increased revenue for the customers
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are a measure of successful network performance and its quality. With growing customer base and continuous addition of capacity and coverage sites, operators need to continuously monitor the KPIs of their network to assess service quality. Paluck’s experienced team of RF engineers is capable of providing regular KPI collection, analysis and customer presentations.